Tuesday, July 31, 2007

July results. Resolutions for August.

July isn't over just yet but I don't plan on putting in any kind of volume today. Last night I went out and had a few drinks. I came home and loaded up a set of 10 SNG's and didn't money in one of them. Got overzealous on the bubble in one of them but other than that I thought I played 98% to perfection. I've vowed to not to do that again.

As far my July results, they look at lot better than how I feel about them.
+$10,235 11.2 ROI
+2k in bonuses and rakeback
-1k in MTT's

I was up over 15k a week and a half ago but a combo of running bad and making a few errant mistakes and my results were back down to earth. Still, this will be my 1st 10k+ month from purely SNG's.


Now for August. I've found that setting goals is pretty pointless. Saying that I'm going to play this many hours or this many SNG's is bad thinking. In order for me to truly be motiviated play more than I I have been is to slightly alter my lifestyle. I've been going out too much and need to cut back. I plan on only going out 2 nights a week from now on. That's still a lot but a lot better than 4+ nights. Baby steps.

I've got a lot of activities planned for this month. A friend and I are planning a bar golf outing for pretty much all of Cape on August 10th. It's just a glorified pub crawl but you have to dress up in ridiculous golf outfits and keep score. The following week we are going to have a huge back to school 80's bash. Then on the 24th I'll be going up to Wisconsin to see Rage Against the Machine. I think the week after that is Labor day. These should give me plenty of reasons to work hard during the week.

September I plan on going to Europe. Of course, that all depends on how well my August goes. I pretty well want to pay for my entire trip in August(is this a goal? Hope not). This should give me a little more incentive to put my hours in.

Going to go look at cars now. Will put some pics up if and when I finally buy one.

No comments: