Friday, July 06, 2007

The Main Event looms

The big dance has arrived. Day 1 is tomorrow and the final table is 11 days later. I know it's a pipe dream but somehow mining through the field, it'll be 7k+, and making it to the final table would be so incredible. 9 players will have this distinction. 7000/9 = a 1 in 777 shot at making the final table given all players are of equal skill. I'd like to think my chances are slightly better at least 1 in 500. Whatever, I can still dream about it until I bust out.

After the big show I'm most likely headed back to Missouri even though we've got the house until August 6th. It's so hard to work here. So many distractions. I also hate going out here as drinks are way too pricey and I have yet to have a night to remember in Vegas.

We were going to play in the Rio 1k mega satellite today but when we got there it was a complete zoo and the line to register was a good 2 hour wait. Instead we jetted over to the Venetian for their $550 at 5 PM. I couldn't hit a flop and I was down to 6500 from the 10k starting stack. At 100/200 25 ante a MP raises it to 600 and gets to callers. I look down at AK on the button and shove my stack. Folds around to the 2nd caller and he hims and haws for a minute. I try to look uncomfortable so he calls, he eventually does. Unfortunately, he had 77 instead of something like AQ or AJ. I miss and am sent packing.

Online has been going great. After only winning 2k or so last month I'm already up over 5k this month. I know this will probably jinx me but I don't care as I've been running unsustainably hot. I really want to get 2k SNG's in this month but I doubt it happens(hopefully I'll be playing in a certain tourney until the 17th). For whatever reason I'm so f'in lazy when it comes to working. For example, I'm writing this blog instead of playing.

No comments: