Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The inevitable

Well I tried to make a run for it but my car didn't cooperate. I was halfway up the first mountain heading west from Denver when my overdrive light started flashing. I also couldn't get the damn thing above 40 going uphill.

Turned around and took it to the nearest Mazda dealership in Denver. 3 hours later I get a call that my transmission is shot(no shit) and it would cost 4k to replace it. I laughed and said no thanks. Tried to get the used car dealer at Mazda to buy it but he said it was worthless without a transmission.

My plan for tomorrow is to call the local salvage yard to scrap the car for whatever I can get. I then have to get an extra suitcase and a travel bag for my golf clubs so I can get all my stuff to Vegas. The sad part is it's still going to be a tight squeeze.

On a lighter note, everybody in Colorado has been extremely nice. If I was stuck in a less friendly place I think I would've gone crazy by now.

No comments: