Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Shootout Final Table

A couple of quick things.

Finally made it to Vegas last week. The house I'm staying in is pretty sweet and only like 5 minutes from the strip.

Played in 3 of the Venetian deep stack tourney's. Made it to the money in the 1k last Friday but lost a pot with AK vs AQ all in preflop that probably would've made me chipleader with 30 people left, 100k+ for first. Settled for $1600 instead.

Entered the $1500 WSOP shootout event yesterday. My first table was extremely soft. I won a race and then got most of the chips on the table with A9 vs KQ. From there I took out the 2 remaining short stacks to take down my table and guaranteed myself $6700.

Came back at 9 PM for my 2nd table. Surprisingly, this table was still extremely soft. I couldn't fathom how some of these guys won their first table. I lucked out and only had 1-2 other players at the table that seemed to realize that you needed every chip on the table to advance to the final table. Took it down at about 4 AM. I ran pretty hot and somehow got 2 guys to pay me off for huge pots with 2nd pair when I obviously had a monster.

Final table is today at 2 PM. Bluff magazine is broadcasting it live with hole cards but it costs $50 or so buck to get it. Also, we are being sequestered which kinda of sucks as it would be a lot cooler if I could have some sweaters to cheer me on. Erick Lindgren and Daniel Negreanu are at the final table which should make it a little more entertaining. Hopefully, I can continue to run good and take it down.

No comments: