Sunday, June 03, 2007

Praise Marty Moose!

Just call me Clark Griswold. So far nothing has gone right on my vacation road trip out to Vegas.

My car is officially shot to hell. When I first got on the highway my car just didn't feel right, shaking a lot more than usual and it took a lot more power to get it up past 70. As I pulled off the highway in KC my transmission starting jumping around but that had happened a few years ago so I wasn't too worried. At this point I should've realized my car just wasn't going to make it out to Vegas. However, I'm a stubborn asshole so I pressed on. Midway through Kansas(which BTW is the worst state ever to drive through) my check engine light came on and I knew I was in trouble. Whenever my car auto shifted 2-3 and 3-4 the engine revved up a lot more than it should. Afterwards it's fine but still doesn't ride like it should. I made it to Colorado Springs and am currently contemplating what the hell I'm going to do now. I have 2 options:

1) Gamble and try to make my POS car across the Rocky Mountains. Risky considering I'm still 800 miles away from Vegas.

or
2) Leave my car here and fly out to Vegas. I've got a shit ton of luggage(clothes, laptop, 20 inch monitor, and golf clubs) so I would have to buy another bag for all my clothes plus a travel bag for my clubs). Also, I'd either have to sell my car before I left or leave it here and pick it up eventually. Neither look like much fun. I'd also have to rent a car while out in Vegas. Blah, this option sucks.

Going to the Mazda dealership tomorrow morning. Maybe there's a quick fix but I REALLY doubt it.


Not much else has gone right since I've been in Colorado. The weather has been stormy so I didn't get a chance at tackling Pikes Peak.

The broadband wireless card I got from Cingular this week pretty well blows. It's worse than dial up in most areas and it interferes with my usb port so I can't use my mouse. I actually went to Office Max to get another mouse thinking it was my mouse causing the problem but $15 lighter and I now know it's the freaking wireless cards fault.


Tomorrow should be interesting. I'd be the happiest person ever if I somehow got my car to Vegas without it breaking down.

No comments: