Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Ready to go home for a vacation

Played in the $1500 event on Saturday. My first table was very soft and I was running it over. Ran my starting stack from 3k to 6k without any big pots. I was very disappointed when it broke a little after the 1st level.

I had one interesting hand at my 2nd table. With blinds at 50/100 a big stack limps from the CO. I complete from the SB with K9s and BB checks. Flop comes A94 rainbow. I check and BB checks and big stack of course bets 200. I know my hand is good here as almost nobody with a big stack ever limps with an ace from the CO. I contemplated raising but thought he's most likely drawing thin as 2 broadway cards are most likely raising PF as well. Turn is a low diamond putting 2 diamonds on the board. I check again and he bets small around 500. I call. River is another low diamond and I check and he bets small again. At this point I know I'm beat but I make the crying call and he flips over Q9 of diamonds for the flush. I'm not real sure how I should be playing a hand like this especially out of position. I got moved to my 3rd table a little after that.

My stack size dwindled down to about 6500 when I lost a pot for over 15k with QQ vs AK vs AT. King on the turn and I'm left with 1500 and soon bust out with T9s. If I win that pot I'm more than double the average stack. I guess that lucks recirculates so it'll hit me sometime in the near future, preferably in the main event.

After that event I was pretty well burnt out on live MTT's. Played in Stars and Full Tilt's WSOP qualifiers on Sunday. Made it within 100 players of the seat at Full Tilt but lost a crucial coinflip that probably would've locked up a seat then I misplayed a hand by not cbetting when I should've. It sucked pretty bad. I've also been running crappy in SNG's. Still up for the month online but it seems since I final tabled the shootout the gods have been frowning on me.

Tomorrow I'm flying back to Missouri for a much needed vacation from Vegas. Since being out in Vegas all I've done is eat, sleep, and drink poker. Haven't done anything for entertainment besides going out the first night I got here. Hopefully, this trip back will help me recooperate for the stretch run of the WSOP.

No comments: