Sunday, April 06, 2008

A little grinding

Got 3k+ hands in yesterday but less than 1k today. FT was down the majority of the day and was a little weary to play on stars. Short stacked 2/4 full ring for awhile but it was so damn boring. There are guys that 20 table full ring and probably make a decent living but it's got to be so fucking painstaking. I guess it's a nits paradise but to me it's the 7th level of hell. I did lose a big pot on a 245 rainbow board with QQ vs JJ vs 33 for ~$600. Was a little painful but 100% standard and something that poker players have to deal with it and move on without dwelling on it.

After quitting hell I decided to go down and full stack 1/2 NL 6 max on Stars. From my very small sample size the players were much fishier than FT. I figured it was because you can't datamine on Stars and they don't have rakeback. A lot of the "stat" NLers play on FT where they'll always have datamined hands on 95% of players at the table. I'm contemplating on making the switch but it's really only worth it if I stay there and get supernova.

I'm probably going to stop playing the cap games or only play the 2/4 cap. Usually there are less than 6 tables running at 1/2 and 2/4. I hate playing with only 4-5 tables as I know I can handle 6 and thus lowering my hourly rate. I can mix in non cap NL games but it sometimes gets hard to distiguish which table is cap and which one is not. This can lead to big mistakes especially in the non cap games. The cap games have been really good to me and they are so so fishy which makes it really hard for me to give up on them. Plus, it's so much easier mentally to lose 30 bbs at most in one hand.

Totals for the month(I'm going to mix in cap and no cap together for 1/2 because Holdem Manager can't distiguish the difference):

2/4 2344 hands -$48.00
1/2 3651 hands +$1280.50
.5/1 10 hands +$1.25

Total 6005 hands +$1233.75

No comments: