Friday, April 18, 2008

Sick = hard to play

So I went to the doctor's last Wednesday finally and found out I had Mono. It cost $200 which was really ridiculous as all the did was swab my mouth and take some blood. I was 95% sure I had mono but I had really started feeling terrible so I thought I'd get it confirmed just so I didn't have to worry about having some deadly disease.

Since then I've been taking it pretty easy but have started to feel a lot better. I'm back to working out eventhough the doc says I should take 4-6 weeks off. I had been sick for 2 weeks before I went so I think my body has pretty well fought off the virus.

Poker playing took a hit while I was sick. I'm up to about 20k hands this month with ~4k profit. Had a huge 2k+ day a few days ago eventhough I only played 1500 or so hands. Even now that I feel healthy I find it hard to play. Bad habits are hard to break and my work ethic continues to be shit.

No comments: