Thursday, April 03, 2008

Long time

Like most blogs in cyberspace this one has become dormant. I'm intent on changing that. My motivation has severely been lacking since I got back from the Aussie Millions back in January. It was a great trip but unsuccessfully financially.

I've been pretty sick the past 1-2 weeks and have yet to figure out what is causing it. I thought I had mono but it seems like today I'm feeling better so maybe I don't. It's fucking tough to play when you barely have enough energy to get out of bed. Plus, it's depressing as my workout routine has been completely shot and I'm starting to look and feel unhealthy.

I officially made the switch over to cash in mid February. The money potential is so much greater and it's a lot more interesting than sng's. Right now I'm grinding 1/2 NL and Cap and 2/4 Cap. It's a lot less of a time committment to play cash but at the same time it can cause laziness since it's very tempting to quit after winning a few big pots. I think the fact that I only played 34k hands in the past month in a half is disgusting. Part of my problem is that I'm not confident I'm a huge winner at these stakes eventhough I should be as there are god awful players at these levels. I'm hoping the more hands I get in, the more my confidence goes up. Once that goes up I should be able to reel off 75k hands a month.

I'm going to try to post my results at least every few days to serve as a motivator. So far this month:

2/4 - 606 hands -$275.10
1/2 - 1397 hands $582.30

total - 2003 hands 307.20



Forgot to mention I played a few of the WSOP steps at Stars. After getting sucked out A9 < Q7 for a seat to step 5 and losing with AA vs AQ twice in step 4 for big stacks I decided to layoff these obviously rigged steps.

No comments: